Pages

Five Habits of Finishing Well: Self Evaluation

INSTRUCTIONS: As you read each statement check the number on the continuum that most accurately describes you. Check "0" if the statement on the left represents you exactly; check "5" if you feel you are perfectly described by the statement on the right. Numbers "1" through "4" reflect the various positions between the two extremes.

Section 1:

1. I have a desire to do some Personal growth projects, but I seldom have the time or discipline necessary to do so.
I view my personal development as a lifelong learning process and am regularly involved in study projects.
2. I hear of various workshops and seminars that others find helpful, but I seldom attend.
I regularly attend workshops and seminars that help enhance my personal growth and development as a leader.
3. I am simply too busy or have little desire for continuing formal education.
I enjoy and am committed to continuing my education, and have classes I am currently enrolled in as part of an education program.
4. I do some things for myself, but I don’t really feel fulfilled or that I am growing as a person or leader.
I work to develop my “whole” person and set improvement goals for wide areas of personal growth development.

Section 2:

1. I feel overwhelmed by the needs of the existing work and life demands that seldom, if ever spend time investing and developing others.
I am always in the process of investing in, and developing others, and have a pool of new leaders to promote.
2. It is often hard for me to imagine that I have something to offer in a mentoring relationship that would help others in their walks with God.
I have a good understanding of the role I play in others lives, and an estimation of the strengths and abilities I can offer to other leaders.
3. I feel isolated and “alone” in the battle and feel there are few who are really there helping me grow.
I deeply value others and have a regular series of relationships that are committed to help me grow and develop.
4. If I'm honest, I really don’t have goals focused on my own personal development needs and issues I need to work on.
I view my development as a high priority. I have intentional goals I am working, and have obtained mentor/coach to help their accomplishment.

Section 3:

1. I often am frustrated, wondering if I am doing what God really wants, and what He intends for me to do with my life.
I feel the things I do each day are both meaningful and contribute to my life (Biblical) purpose and reason for existence.
2. I sometimes get glimpses of what I should do with my life, but typically these visionary moments get lost in busy activity of life.
I have thought deeply about why I exist as a person and have clarified my personal calling and vision. I have a good idea of what God is calling me to accomplish.
3. I often work based upon the “need of the moment” or tyranny of the urgent, as opposed to a clear life plan or direction.
I am established a way to sort through my priorities, and make decisions based upon God’s call on my life, and my core values and convictions.
4. I am often, easily frustrated by changes in the direction of my work or life situation.
I have a clear direction in life, but also able to allow God to teach me new things and the directions I should go.

Section 4:

1. I nearly always feel “buried,” having more to do that we can handle. Getting away for us seems impossible.
I regularly schedule times away for personal retreat and reflection.
2. I feel that “personal” time is selfish, especially when there is so much to do at work and home.
I feel an investment in my personal walk with Christ will cause us to experience deeper intimacy with Christ and greater effectiveness.
3. If someone were to ask me how long has it been since I felt the presence of God, I’d have to respond, “quite some time.”
I regularly sense God’s presence, experiencing times of renewal and freshness in my walk with Christ.
4. Although I know the spiritual disciplines are important to really being a Christian, I seldom have time to focus on them.
My walk with Christ is greatly enhanced through regular times with God, and usage of a variety of spiritual disciplines.

Section 5:

1. I have trouble rising above the current circumstances to get a big-picture perspective on my life.
I make continual efforts to understand my current circumstances in light of what God has been doing over my entire lifetime.
2. I realize that God is at work in my life, but I seldom am able to understand how and what He is at work doing in my life.
I now believe and act based on the conviction that things happen to us every day are part of God’s ongoing shaping of my life, and that I can recognize patterns of his work.
3. I have trouble trying to keep track of the many areas of our life: home, office, etc., and often feel disorganized.
I do feel a sense of order in our life because I am able to integrate my activities, and see how things fit into God’s big picture, perspective on my life.
4. I hear others talk about their life being “called” and of their vision, but I rarely feel that I really have a sense of calling or destiny.
I continue to grow in a sense of a unique, personal destiny for my life that is God ordained.

Go back and total your score in each section. Record your totals below.
 
The Five Habits of Finishing Well:
  • Section 1: Maintain a learning posture together throughout life. Total: 
  • Section 2: Commitment to mentoring and being mentored. Total: 
  • Section 3. Dynamic, unique life calling and purpose. Total: 
  • Section 4. Repeated times of personal renewal with God. Total: 
  • Section 5. Live with a lifetime, big-picture perspective. Total: 

Your scores profile your relative strengths and weaknesses in each of the five habits. Do not base your interpretation only on your numeric scores in each section, but also on how the scores compare with each other. The grouping of your lower scores can help you determine an overall area where you need to focus and intentionalize your efforts.

By Terry Walling (used by permission)

For more leadership resources visit their homepage:
http://leaderbreakthru.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment